Tuesday, April 8, 2008

PLN 9 semester 2

After reading a couple of my fellow students' blogs, I came across a blog by kellys who read an article called " Teenagers as "Teamagers"...What do you think?" on webblogg-ed that talked about how teenagers work so much in groups, they don't think much of it. I guess this is true most of the time. So many people enjoy working on projects in a group, but then it sometimes gives some people a chance to have the "smartest" ones do all of the work. So those who do do all of the work might not enjoy group work as much as some. So it can depend, but it also prepares us for the future when we will have to work with the other employees on certain projects for our jobs. I personally do like doing projects in groups because they are fun. Not only that, but they also let off a lot of the stress of doing the project because the assignment is divided between all of the members. But like kelly s had said, and I have the same problem, sometimes the people in the group will leave most of the work to you and end up receiving the same grade as you do for doing practically nothing. Then again, sometimes you get a pretty good group where everyone participates, so like I said, it depends. I guess a good question from all of this is, are group projects a good thing to keep in the future? I would have to say yes, they are a great way of interacting with your classmates and sharing all of your knowledge to complete one big project.

No comments: