Thursday, March 20, 2008

PLN 6

I just read an article by Mrs. Syers called, "Biology In The Real World...The Colorado Pine Beetle Problem" where she talked about how she was trying to relate their studies to the real world. They had been learning about pine beetles at the end of their plant unit, and had made an arrangement for an entomologist from CSU to come and talk to all of her students about the pine beetle problem raging in the mountain. This reminded me about how in my English class and in these blogs, my teacher is always trying to find ways to relate our lessons to the real world and for us to try to see why what we learn is really important. I think this is important because it helps us see why we learn all of this. Most of us probably think that school can be pointless. I personally don't see how history is supposed to help me in my future. But when we relate our topics to examples in the real world, then we can better understand the reality of it all and how to use it in our futures.

No comments: