Monday, September 17, 2007

PLN Entry #3

I read an article called "Could it Happen Here" by David Warlick. I agree with him about the idea that we too need to have conferences with teachers all around, and to discuss our future of our schools. He had been travelling and he said that he had been following a conference in Shanghai. The conference consisted of Shanghai educators who came together to discuss ideas that involved mostly private schools. Here is a quote from him.

So here’s the question that just occurred to me. Could something like
this happen in the United States?

Well, could it? I think it could if we cared more about how our future schools and education for our children. I think that we need to try to improve our schools so that we have a better education. It would also be nice to learn with new technology. But we not only have to discuss our education in our own country, we should also make an effort to improve the education of other countries who are deprived of the special treatment we get here. Even though our education is important, we still need to pay attention to others, not only ourselves.This is important to my life, because this can effect the way mine and other's futures are put out. It could effect where I go to school and maybe even my job. This article was very interesting and made me think about what would happen if we discussed our future in education.

No comments: