Friday, September 14, 2007

PLN 2

In an article called weblogg-ed, I read about a man and his family that had travelled to Australia. The article was called "Diving In" by Will Richardson. This story was about he and his family had gone scuba diving at the Great Barrier Reef. He talked about how his son Tucker was really frightened from the fact that he was in the middle of the ocean. So the swim instructor comes to come help him and soon Tucker begins to enjoy himself. He says he learned a lot just by watching his kids experience the fun events they participated in, like feeding wallabies and chasing kangaroos, and even trying scuba diving in the beautiful waters of the Great Reef. He says,
It was, as my son said, “so cool,” and I feel so very fortunate to have been
given that opportunity. I learned much as well.
How this relates to me is just the fact that we should all try new things and the idea of family. Will's son was afraid to be in the water, but had to trust his dad and the swim instructor that they wouldn't let him get hurt. Oh! This reminds me of a story we read in English nine. It was called "The Lady or the Tiger". The What Matters in this story was the idea of trust. The lover of the princess had to trust her that she would choose the right door for him that would be the best idea for the both of them. The question? Was it the lady or the tiger that came through the door? Anyway, we all experience new things, right? And sometimes before this we are afraid to do it. I remember how I was about to go on a giant swing and I was so freaked out about how high it was and I had butterfly's in my stomach. But as it started and I had gotten through the first swing, I began to relax. And guess what!? I went again! this has to do with family to because they were on a family trip. I think that it is very important for families to spend time together around the world, because we usually need to be with someone and to talk with someone. Overall, I enjoyed reading this article and the picture was great and the water looked BEAUTIFUL!

No comments: