Friday, November 9, 2007

PLN 18

Not many classes have the opportunity to work with laptops everyday in class at school. Though I am not one to complain. In Maine's 1:1 laptop raises writing performance by Dan Maas, it talks about how students who use laptops in class, have done better in writing.

The study is showing that kids write more, write better and perform better
on tests after having laptops for their use in every class every day.


Even though I use a laptop in my English class, I can not see how laptops can improve writing performance even on paper and pencil tests. Yeah, it can improve your writing skills with spelling and grammar check, but how does it improve how you decide to write your paper?

However if this does help improve writing, then I think that all classes should get a chance to use a laptop, and maybe it would help them improve to.

No comments: